Assistant Professor in Accountancy
Thomas More University is a private, Catholic, liberal arts institution located in the metropolitan Cincinnati area. The University is student-oriented, and teaching is our primary focus. Thomas More has a reputation for excellent education, community commitment, and student success, and takes pride in offering students an exceptional academic experience with small classes and committed faculty and staff. Thomas More serves approximately 2000 full- and part-time students on its beautiful campus in Crestview Hills, Kentucky.
As stewards of Thomas More University, it is expected that your work and contributions to our community will reflect the mission, values, and integrity of the University. We are committed to being a student-ready University and aspire to facilitate an interconnected community of excellence. In doing so, we will foster a sense of responsibility to others, act with respect, tolerance and compassion towards others, and care for God’s creation. Through this engagement, Thomas More University is a thriving and dynamic institution that espouses the values of a Catholic Liberal Arts education committed to the students that we serve today, those that we will serve tomorrow, and the communities our graduates will serve.
Non-tenure track with the possibility of elevation to tenure track depending upon qualifications.
- The successful candidate will advise and teach undergraduate students in courses in the discipline of accounting. Develops and designs curriculum plans to foster student learning, stimulate class discussions, and ensures student engagement.
- Faculty are expected to take responsibility for infusing diversity, scholarship, state-of-the-art issues, and community service into the curriculum.
- The specific teaching and advising assignments are dependent on departmental needs and individual expertise and adjusted annually as needed.
- The candidate is expected to conduct research, publish in peer-reviewed journals and other outlets.
- The candidate is expected to provide academic advising to undergraduate students and serve on departmental, college, and university committees, and engage in other service activities over time.
- Required Education: Ph.D. in Accountancy or related field; with extensive work experience in the industry. An accounting-related professional designation such as a CPA is an asset. Teaching experience is preferred. Experience with online teaching platforms and related tools is helpful.
- The candidate is expected to contribute to student learning in a variety of areas.
- The candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively in oral and written formats and work in a team-based environment.
- Evidence of research and the ability to develop an active research program in his/her area of expertise.
- Applicants should have up-to-date skills in and familiarity with technology and learning-management systems
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States, without sponsorship from the University under the immigration Reform and Control Act.
- Candidates must have a demonstrated ability and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Professional Certification (e.g., CMA, CPA, or CFA).
- 6+ years of employment experience as a practitioner/professional within the relevant discipline.
Send cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement about teaching and research interests, unofficial graduate transcripts, and three letters of recommendation to: Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com, or by postal mail to 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017