John Keys Kentucky S.A.L. Scholarship
Applicants must meet at least one (1) of the following requirements:
· Any honorably discharged veteran of the United States Armed Forces, without consideration for period or length of service, who is a legal resident of the Commonwealth of Kentucky
· Any member of the Kentucky Sons of The American Legion (any S.A.L. member who belongs to a Squadron in Kentucky), whose dues for the current membership year are paid. Eligibility requirements are detailed in this brochure.
All applicants must be enrolled at a post-secondary institution (verified by a letter from the institution confirming the applicant’s enrollment.) All applications must contain a true copy of:
- If a Veteran, the applicant’s DD214 form
- If a member of the Sons of The American Legion, the applicant’s current year S.A.L. membership card
- Most recent grade report
- Enrollment verification letter
Applicants are requested to provide a typewritten cover letter explaining their background, career objectives, current educational program and need for financial assistance.
How To Apply:
Please contact the John Keys Scholarship Fund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to the following address:
John Keys S.A.L. Scholarship Fund
Independence Squadron 275, S.A.L.
P.O. Box 18791
Erlanger, KY 41018-0791
Applications are accepted year-round on an ongoing basis. Scholarship grants are awarded twice a year-- in the Spring and Fall