Deadline: June 1 annually
- Applicants may only submit one piece for consideration
- Applicants may not be a family member of anyone employed by HelpTeaching.com
- Applicants may not submit content that has been previously published online
- Applicants may submit their own original work without getting help from anyone
- Applicants must be current High School or College Students located in the United States or Canada
How To Apply:
To apply for the scholarship, applicants should submit a short story or informational article for children (400-800 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org along with their full name, age, and current school level info.
Stories and articles will be rated from 0-5 based on the following criteria: Short Stories for Children
- Value to Students
- Quality of Content
- Grammar, Spelling, and Punctuation
The applicants with the highest scores will move on to the final round of the scholarship competition where a winner will be chosen by a team from HelpTeaching.com. The stories from finalists will be published on HelpTeaching.com with attribution.
Please see www.helpteaching.com/resources/scholarship for additional information.
Award amount: $1,000