As stewards of Thomas More University, it is expected that your work and contributions to our community will reflect the mission, values, and integrity of the University. We are committed to being a student-ready University and aspire to facilitate an interconnected community of excellence. In doing so, we will foster a sense of responsibility to others, act with respect, tolerance and compassion towards others, and care for God’s creation. Through this engagement, Thomas More University is a thriving and dynamic institution that espouses the values of a Catholic Liberal Arts education committed to the students that we serve today, those that we will serve tomorrow, and the communities our graduates will serve.
The Communication Specialist provides support within the Division of Marketing & Communication in telling the story of Thomas More University within the broader community via print, digital, social media, and other channels. The Communication Specialist monitors website analytics as well as those metrics associated with the University’s institutional social media postings. In addition, this position is charged with creating a comprehensive social media marketing strategy and presenting Thomas More University’s brand through online social media networks and other mediums to all University stakeholders and constituents, including prospective students, parents, alumni, and donors.
Core Competency Skills Required:
- Expertise in graphic design and demonstrated knowledge of select programs within the Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop)
- Excellent writing skills, including copywriting, editing, content management, and AP format
- Expertise with social media management and digital marketing
- Working knowledge of video production programs or apps (i.e. iMovie, Adobe Premier Pro)
- Proven ability to utilize social media outlets, including (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram
- Ability to manage time and work on a deadline
- Customer service skills
- Positive and proactive attitude
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve and take a project from concept to finished product
- Willingness to collaborate and accept constructive criticism
- Enthusiasm for keeping up-to-date on latest social media trends, technologies, and industry best practices.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Responsible for all applicable University-sponsored social media outlets. Other duties include monitoring the online calendar to adequately promote campus events, measuring social media influence, partnering with other departments to ensure proper online messaging and relevancy, ensuring consistency of messages across multiple networks, preparing reports to update internal staff on usage statistics and continuous monitoring and coverage of all sites and social media outlets.
- Regular monitoring and oversite of the University’s websites, including the main site (thomasmore.edu), tertiary/secondary sites such as the online Moreover (blog), and overall digital presence for the University.
- Assisting the Director of Communications & Public Relations and Executive Director of Communication & Creative Services in other areas of expertise, including graphic design, photography, video production/editing, copywriting, and branding.
- Liaison with external and internal partners regarding the use of social media platforms for digital marketing campaigns, lead generation, upholding the Thomas More University brand standards across all channels.
- Other duties as assigned – priorities determined by the Office of the President and Division of Marketing & Communication.
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in communication and/or digital marketing with demonstrated results
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to positively interact with clients and co-workers and to produce error-free projects
- Excellent writing and communication skills