Digital Learning and Instructional Technology Manager
Center for Teaching, Learning, & Scholarship
Send resume/CV, cover letter, and reference list to:
person Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
place Thomas More University, 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017
As stewards of Thomas More University, it is expected that your work and contributions to our community will reflect the mission, values, and integrity of the University. We are committed to being a student-ready University and aspire to facilitate an interconnected community of excellence. In doing so, we will foster a sense of responsibility to others, act with respect, tolerance and compassion towards others, and care for God’s creation. Through this engagement, Thomas More University is a thriving and dynamic institution that espouses the values of a Catholic Liberal Arts education committed to the students that we serve today, those that we will serve tomorrow, and the communities our graduates will serve.
Support faculty and academic programs in their use of current, new, and emerging educational technologies in various modalities. Manage and oversee the LMS and other educational technology. This position is eligible for hybrid work – 20% remote.
- Digital Learning Expertise
- Instructional Technology Management
- Collaboration, Consultation, and Communication
- Servant Leadership
- Training and Development
- Educational Support
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Process Streamlining
- Adaptability and Continuous Learning
- Hybrid Work Collaboration
- Effectiveness in an on-demand work environment
Principal Duties & Activities
- Design and implement technology-based solutions to support online academic programs.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to adopt and integrate technology effectively into the educational process.
- Provide support using best practices for faculty developing courses across diverse learning environments.
- Provide technical support and maintain helpdesk ticketing for faculty use of the university’s LMS, Canvas.
- Maintain and expand certification, micro-credentialing, and badging system.
- Supervise and oversee online education instructional support services, potentially including a training center.
- Develop, provide, and assess educational support to faculty.
- Administrate and point-of-contact for LMS and other educational software/applications supported by the university.
- Research, recommend, and implement new technical services to enhance faculty support services.
- Stay informed about developments in online learning curriculum design, development, and training.
- Support university compliance efforts with SACSCOC standards for distance education and applicable laws and policies related to online programs, including FERPA, Accessibility, Copyright, and University policies; support documentation processes for SACSCOC and other accrediting bodies.
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
- Minimum requirements include bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, knowledge of online learning curriculum design, development, and training OR associate’s degree from an accredited institution and five years of related professional experience.
- Experience with authoring software a plus. Experience with Canvas or other LMS
- Knowledge of instructional design principles, best practices, and learning theories.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, and students.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to stay up to date with emerging technologies and trends in instructional design and technology.
Back to Job Postings