Thomas More University is a private, Catholic, liberal arts institution located in the metropolitan Cincinnati area. The University is student-oriented, and teaching is our primary focus. Thomas More has a reputation for excellent education, community commitment, and student success, and takes pride in offering students an exceptional academic experience with small classes and committed faculty and staff. Thomas More serves approximately 2000 full- and part-time students on its beautiful campus in Crestview Hills, Kentucky.
As stewards of Thomas More University, it is expected that your work and contributions to our community will reflect the mission, values, and integrity of the University. We are committed to being a student-ready University and aspire to facilitate an interconnected community of excellence. In doing so, we will foster a sense of responsibility to others, act with respect, tolerance and compassion towards others, and care for God’s creation. Through this engagement, Thomas More University is a thriving and dynamic institution that espouses the values of a Catholic Liberal Arts education committed to the students that we serve today, those that we will serve tomorrow, and the communities our graduates will serve.
Provide services that guide and teach students the process of career development, effective career decision-making, and workforce readiness. Serve as an advocate for student career success through employer relationship cultivation.
- Be a positive and professional role model for students
- Collaborate with the Career Coordinator for the College of Business/College of Natural and Health Sciences
- Strong writing, computer, presentation, and communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Knowledge of career and occupational resources, trends, and opportunities
- Knowledge of career assessments/interest inventories
- Knowledge of graduate and professional school entrance requirements and procedures
- Knowledge of social media planning and management
- Ability to establish working relationships with students, faculty, staff, employer partners, and community resources
- Ability to market programs and events to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to be flexible and adjust work schedule to meet the needs of the program
- Ability to work independently as well as being a strong team player
- Ability to use video and other visual technologies
- Experience in higher education
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote career services by making presentations to classes, student organizations, and campus recruitment events and by assisting in coordinating special events and programs, which can include evenings and weekends. Markets programs and services through various social media platforms.
- Provide and maintain an effective career discovery and planning program within the appropriate colleges, sharing overlap with other colleges, for new students, recent graduates, and alumni including administering career assessments, providing career resource and research materials, and direct career counseling and advising
- Work with departments to provide and maintain an effective experiential education program for students through internships, work-study jobs, part-time employment, and other opportunities.
- Work with the appropriate Dean to manage data collection and analysis, reports, and budgets and recommend program goals, strategies, and plans.
- Foster relationships with internal and external constituents for the benefit of students’ career development to increase engagement and employer connections for candidates.
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s degree required
Experience: Previous experience in student development for university students, or 2+ years of work experience in a career development or equivalent field.