Title: Director of Student Engagement and Leadership Development
Reports to: Dean of Student Affairs Diversity, Engagement and Success
Department: Student Affairs
Thomas More University is a private, Catholic, liberal arts institution located in the metropolitan Cincinnati area. The University is student-oriented, and teaching is our primary focus. Thomas More has a reputation for excellent education, community commitment, and student success, and takes pride in offering students an exceptional academic experience with small classes and committed faculty and staff. Thomas More serves approximately 2000 full- and part-time students on its beautiful campus in Crestview Hills, Kentucky.
As stewards of Thomas More University, it is expected that your work and contributions to our community will reflect the mission, values, and integrity of the University. We are committed to being a student-ready University and aspire to facilitate an interconnected community of excellence. In doing so, we will foster a sense of responsibility to others, act with respect, tolerance and compassion towards others, and care for God’s creation. Through this engagement, Thomas More University is a thriving and dynamic institution that espouses the values of a Catholic Liberal Arts education committed to the students that we serve today, those that we will serve tomorrow, and the communities our graduates will serve.
The Director of Student Engagement and Leadership Development creates diverse, equitable,
supportive, and inclusive student engagement experiences. The Director will be responsible for ensuring a
robust student experience that promotes vibrant and engaging co-curricular and extracurricular experiences,
individual development, well-being, and a strong sense of belonging. The goal of this position is to create an
environment of belonging and connection to the Thomas More community beyond the classroom. The Director
of Student Engagement and Leadership Development is a full-time, twelve-month, professional, position that
reports directly to the Dean of Student Affairs Diversity, Engagement and Success.
• Develop, direct, and evaluate innovative co-curricular student programs and services which
enhance student involvement, support student learning, and facilitate personal and professional
• Supervise the Coordinator of Orientation and Student Engagement.
• Work with staff and faculty to create a comprehensive Sophomore Experience co-curricular
program that algins with the strategic plan.
• Serves as lead for the implementation of strategic plan priorities to support student retention and
sense of belonging initiatives.
• Co-Advise the Student Activities Board, along with the Coordinator of Student Engagement.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive assessment strategy for all student programs and services
• Supervise, train and coordinate schedules of the student employees.
• Oversee Orientation and the overnight including promotional pieces for the department.
• Plan and manage the Welcome Week programs for the fall, incoming first-year student class
• Develop leadership programs to advance skill development in the areas of citizenship,
communication skills, personal motivation, college transition, leadership, cultural competence &
• Assist in the coordination, development, and implementation of various departmental and college
wide events including but not limited to Graduates Banquet, Graduation, Leadership Awards
Banquet, Orientation, Move-in Day, Welcome Weekend, and Homecoming.
• Manage content for Student Affairs website, social media, and various marketing initiatives
including the weekly Saints letter, Stall Wall calendars, and MyTMU calendar.
• Oversee the Thomas More College posting policy, reviewing, and approving requests for flyers
• Serving as budget manager for the cost-centers related to Student Activities as well as Clubs &
• Train and advise Student Government Association
• Perform other related duties that assist in advancing the mission, vision, values, and goals of the
office and the Department of Student Affairs.
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
• Master’s Degree required in College Student Personnel, Higher Education Administration, or a related
• 1-2 Experience in Student Affairs or higher education preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent written, oral, and listening skills
• Commitment to the department and institution
• Project management
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and gain cooperation of others
• Ability to manage multiple schedules
• Ability to pay high attention to detail
• Must have a flow-to-the-work mentality
• Student-Centered attitude