Director of the Center for Faith, Mission, & Catholic Education
Center for Faith, Mission, & Catholic Education
Send resume/CV, cover letter, and reference list to:
person Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
place Thomas More University, 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017
This position is a 12 month full-time administrative position.
The Director of the Center for Faith, Mission & Catholic Education will work closely with the President, Senior Vice President and the University community to maintain, enhance, and promote the mission of Thomas More as the premier regional CHEI of the Diocese of Covington, KY. The Director will oversee the Center for Faith, Mission & Catholic Education (Center) to cultivate an authentic Catholic culture throughout Thomas More University by serving as a catalyst for transformative faith experiences, intentional mission integration and creative Catholic educational programs on campus, and in the wider community.
- Must be a servant leader
- Embodiment of virtues and values of the University’s namesake and those established for the University
- Ability to lead multifaceted teams and build collaboration
- Skilled communicator with excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- Must be experienced in fundraising and external relations
- Passion for working with students in a university setting
Principal Duties & Activities
Functions as a coordinating strategist and innovator for Catholic faith initiatives for all inward and outward facing university activities.
- Provides strategic planning and coordination for organizing the Center.
- Works with the President and Vice President for Strategy & Impact to integrate operations of the Center into the University’s strategic plan.
- Integrates Chaplain’s input into the planning and execution of a comprehensive Campus Ministry program consistent with Thomas More’s strategic plan, virtues, values, vision, and mission.
- Considers United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) Campus Ministry guidelines for benchmarking excellence.
- Works with the Institutional Research Department to apply data for evidence-based decision making that helps assess the religious and spiritual campus climate; and assists in developing, implementing, and evaluating concomitant strategies to further refine the culture and promote University values.
- Works collaboratively with the leadership team to ensure the university’s mission is infused and considered in decision-making.
- Collaborates with the leadership team to ensure all programs are meeting the mission and values of the University. Challenges faculty and staff to consistently improve service, quality, and outcomes to those served.
- Works closely with the Vice President & Chief Academic Officer to ensure that the mission and the Catholic Intellectual Tradition are aligned with the academic core requirements and co-curricular activities.
- Supports the development of service-learning programs, experiential learning, alternative break experiences, and campus-wide service opportunities.
- Collaborates with the Senior Vice President to identify and secure individual and foundation gifts, grant funding, support fundraising initiatives, and develop promotional resources on behalf of the Center.
- Collaborates with the Vice President for Strategy & Impact, Vice President & Chief Academic Officer, and the Director of Human Resources to develop, integrate, and assess hiring and evaluation procedures; and to ensure alignment with mission and the Catholic Intellectual Tradition. Serves on hiring committees of full-time faculty and key administrators.
- Develops mission-centric components to faculty and staff onboarding as well as orientation programs for the Board of Trustees, faculty, staff, and students.
- Works closely with co-curricular activities/divisions (e.g., Athletic Department, clubs, band, choir) in hosting and coordinating events (such as the Rosary Rally) in support of Thomas More’s students.
- Serves as a resource for departments and programs to develop new initiatives that are supportive and expressive of the University’s vision and mission.
- Engages with students, faculty, and staff to support the spiritual needs of the community and affirm religious beliefs and practices within the University.
- Ensures the Center remains student-centered; promotes and supports student-led ministry.
- Works closely with the President to liaise with the Diocese of Covington/Bishop of Covington, KY on all matters related to the Catholic mission and ministries of Thomas More.
- Functions as a liaison with the Diocese of Covington to network and build relationships across Diocesan organizational structures. Secures Thomas More program/speaker approvals as needed consistent with policies and practices.
- Represents Thomas More’s Center to external constituents.
- Adheres to the code of ethical standards, behaviors, and conduct consistent with guidelines promulgated by the USCCB.
- Chairs and serves on committees as requested.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, evaluates, directs, controls, and coordinates direct reports and those over whom occasional project supervision occurs.
- Oversees budgets and sets both qualitative and quantitative performance metrics related to areas of responsibility.
- Assists Enrollment Management with active engagement and onboarding of students during orientation.
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Familiarity with higher education, experience in campus ministry, and higher education teaching experience preferred.
- Practicing Catholic with a sense of the Catholic tradition as an intellectual resource and tradition to be studied, extended, critiqued, and renewed.
- The title of the position may change to Executive Director depending upon the qualifications of the candidate.
Back to Job Postings