Residential Life Coordinator
Housing and Residential Life
Send resume/CV, cover letter, and reference list to:
person Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
place Thomas More University, 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017
Core Competency Skills Required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build partnerships across divisional lines.
- Ability to work effectively and ethically across cultural differences.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and problem solver.
- Employ evidence-based best practices to implement and evaluate student learning, residence hall living, programs and services.
- Knowledge and understanding of student development theory and be able to apply it to creating a safe, healthy and learner center approach to residence hall community.
- Provides and values quality customer service to all students, faculty, and staff.
- Exhibits a “student – customer first” orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions, demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations.
- Adapts willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and client needs and expectations.
- Select, train & supervise Senior Residence Resident Assistants.
- Select, train & supervise Resident Assistants.
- Select, train & supervise Summer Conference Assistants and Interns.
- Coordinate all aspects of marketing and communication plans with Student Affairs Specialist about residence life to new and current students and families.
- Coordinate the Housing and Residence Life applications, contracts, deposits and placement for each semester for all students living in residence hall community.
- Provide oversight to the Housing Verification process and Housing Residency requirements
- Provide oversight to the cancellation of housing and meal plans.
- Work closely with Aramark Food Service regarding the Meal Plans, hours of service and Calendar of Meals served each academic year. Work to resolve any concerns regarding meal plans with students and Aramark Food Service.
- Serve as a member of the Facilities Committee, Retention Committee, and other committees as assigned.
- Identify maintenance needs within the residence hall community and work closely with the Director of Facilities to coordinate repairs and work orders.
- Develop a series of reports reflecting occupancy, applications, deposits, residency requirements, etc.
- Manages data entry for resident information through college database.
- Coordinates Move-In-Day, Check-In, Check-Out and Health and Safety Checks for each semester.
- Coordinate Micro-Fridge program for residence hall students.
- Coordinates residential community-development programming.
- Oversee summer conferences and camps in conjunction with Campus Safety and Athletics.
- Partners with Campus Safety, Facilities & Maintenance, Food Service, and Athletics to maintain a safe healthy residential community.
- Work closely with Athletics and Enrollment Management to coordinate supervision for overnight recruitment opportunities.
- Research and develop new partnerships with off campus housing properties to accommodate students on a housing wait list if necessary.
- Assist with the research and be engaged in all aspects of the planning for the development of new residence hall facilities.
- Develop and coordinate a website of resources residence life.
- Assist in responding to community needs during crisis situations as a member of the Crisis Management Team.
- Work closely with Assistant Dean of Students to response to student behavioral issues or concerns that occur within the residence hall. Work closely with Assistant Dean of Students regarding conduct cases.
- Serve as the advisor to Residence Hall Association.
- Assist in the coordination, development, and implementation of various departmental and college wide events including but not limited to Baccalaureate Mass, all Enrollment programs, Orientation, Week of Welcome programs including Mass and Convocation.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive assessment strategy for all residence hall programs and services provided. 27. Perform other related duties that assist in advancing the mission, vision, values, and goals of the office and the Department of Student Affairs.
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in counseling, psychology, education or related field
Minimum Experience: 2 years’ experience in higher education, or related field
Back to Job Postings