Assistant Professor of Nursing
Send resume/CV, cover letter, and reference list to:
person Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
place Thomas More University, 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017
The Department of Nursing seeks qualified applicants for a Full Time Nursing Faculty position. Reporting to the Department Chairperson, this position provides didactic, clinical, and laboratory instruction. Faculty are responsible for teaching, service, and scholarship to Thomas More University, including participation in Nursing and college-wide meetings and committees. Faculty members must support the overall philosophy and goals of the nursing program and Thomas More University.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists in developing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and modifying curriculum.
- Collaborates with other faculty to ensure the design of nursing course reflects the philosophy, organizing framework, appropriate level objectives, and curriculum flow of the program.
- Develop, administer, and evaluate courses each semester.
- Monitors academic status of students enrolled in the course and provides academic counseling of students making unsatisfactory.
- Assesses and provides clinical orientation for students and preceptors.
- Assists with student recruitment and other activities.
- Participates in other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Thomas More University.
- An earned doctorate degree in nursing is preferred. Candidates with either proven or presumptive potential to obtain an appropriate terminal degree to be considered. Experience in nursing in appropriate area of responsibility and credentials with determine academic rank.
- Current unencumbered licensure or eligibility for license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Kentucky. RN licensure in additional states may be required to teach at partner sites.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the practice of nursing required and prior academic teaching at undergraduate level preferred.
If you are interested in joining Thomas More University, please send a letter stating your interests, your resume or curriculum vita, and at least three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Job Postings