Assistant Professor of Accountancy
College of Business
Send resume/CV, cover letter, and reference list to:
person Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
place Thomas More University, 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017
Assistant Professor in Accountancy
Non-tenure track with the possibility of elevation to tenure track in the future.
- The successful candidate will advise and teach undergraduate and graduate students in courses in the discipline of accounting. Develops and designs curriculum plans to foster student learning, stimulate class discussions, and ensures student engagement.
- Faculty are expected to take responsibility for infusing diversity, scholarship, state-of-the-art issues, and community service into the curriculum.
- The specific teaching and advising assignments are dependent on departmental needs and individual expertise and adjusted annually as needed.
- The candidate is expected to conduct research, publish in peer-reviewed journals and other outlets.
- The candidate is expected to provide academic advising to undergraduate and graduate students, serve on departmental, college, and university committees, and engage in other service activities over time.
- Required Education: Ph.D. in Accountancy or related field; with extensive work experience in the industry. An accounting-related professional designation such as a CPA is an asset. Teaching experience is preferred. Experience with online teaching platforms and related tools is helpful.
- Required Related Experience: The candidate is expected to contribute to student learning in a variety of areas.
- The candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively in oral and written formats and work in a team-based environment.
- Evidence of research and the ability to develop an active research program in his/her area of expertise.
- Professional Certification (e.g., CMA, CPA, or CFA).
- Diploma in Education (e. g., Post-secondary Education, Adult Education or Vocational Education) is preferred.
- 6+ years of employment experience as a practitioner/professional within the relevant discipline.
- Teaching experience in post-secondary, adult training, or industry training environment.
- Experience in leadership and innovation in technology-based projects.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship from the University under the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
- Must have a demonstrated ability and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Send CV, cover letter and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Job Postings