Assistant Registrar - Registration and Scheduling
Send resume/CV, cover letter, and reference list to:
person Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
place Thomas More University, 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017
The Assistant Registrar fulfills the mission of the Office of the Registrar. The primary role of the Assistant Registrar is to provide assistance to students, faculty, and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to record, verify, and report data with a very high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and the meet deadlines without direct supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for working with faculty, staff, alumni, and students
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity of student records and information
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and maintain course schedules and room assignments. This includes working with academic deans and departments on schedule timelines, reviews, and approvals.
- Process all registration forms and paperwork, including add/drops, withdrawals, independent study, co-operative education, etc.
- Process and track all registration and grades for the dual credit program.
- Responsible for all consortium processes, including registration, reports, and grades.
- Responsible for all transcript processing.
- Responsible for all verification processing, including through the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Assist with Veteran Certifications.
- Assist with Registrar-related events including commencement and orientations.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate transcripts and process data entry for transfer students and courses. This includes working with Academic Departments to determine and track equivalencies. Also, responsible for the approval and loading of all off-campus and CLEP/Dantes transfer work.
- Responsible for all grades, including monitoring grade entry and incomplete and not reported grades.
- Process student graduation applications to verify degree completion and print diplomas.
- Maintain degree audits.
- Produce NCAA Division III Athletic Eligibility reports.
- Assist with the supervision of student workers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of one year working in higher education, preferably in a registrar’s office
- Preferred knowledge of Jenzabar student information system
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Back to Job Postings