Institute for Academic Excellence
Send resume/CV, cover letter, and reference list to:
person Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
place Thomas More University, 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017
This position is part-time.
The mission of the Dr. Anthony R. and Geraldine Zembrodt Institute for Academic Excellence (IAE) is to promote academic success, personal character, community belonging, and a passionate outlook through programs and academic societies that lead to independent and engaged learning for students.
This position reports to the Assistant Director of the Institute for Academic Excellence (IAE). The Academic Coach’s main responsibility is to work directly with TMU students to provide them with enhanced skills in the areas of studying, testing, time management, organization, and other areas of academic success and everyday life.
- Ability to interact with diverse student body
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong time management and multi- tasking skills
- Takes initiative and is a self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Can work independently
Principal Duties & Activities
- Intensive coaching and counseling of students requesting academic support such as study skills development, organizational skills and motivation, including scheduled meetings.
- Maintain caseload of and set regular meetings with students on academic probation and help students to develop an academic plan
- Document work with students, including assessment and data collection.
- Maintain regular IAE office hours in order to direct and assist students with tutoring requests and offering assistance to drop-in students.
- Interact with faculty and staff as needed on behalf of students.
- Communicate concerns related to students and/or faculty to the supervisor.
- As needed, assist with exam proctoring in Testing Center to ensure academic integrity.
- Assist with development and delivery of academic success workshops and/or test prep and study sessions, and other university-wide events as appropriate.
- Monitor and assist students during study table sessions, including keeping attendance records and pairing students for group study and/or peer tutoring
- Outreach to incoming first year students on conditional admission prior to fall semester start
- Assist with supervision and training of peer (student) coaches and tutors as needed/requested
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
Bachelor degree in education or related field.
Knowledge of computerized information systems.
Back to Job Postings