Report Writer and Programmer
Send resume/CV, cover letter, and reference list to:
person Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
place Thomas More University, 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017
The primary purpose of this position is Institutional Reporting. This includes writing reports for end users and in support of Institutional Research. The position will also, as time allows, participate in software application development.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in reporting specification and requirements gathering and analysis for report development.
- Develop SQL queries, views, and/or stored procedures to support report development.
- Plan, create/develop, document, test, implement, and support reports delivered via Jenzabar One and related reporting software environment(s) to support end-users and Institutional Research.
- Train end users to ensure successful reporting environment.
- Work closely with users to resolve report issues in a timely manner.
- Serve on Internal User Group committee as power user and business analyst for institutional data.
- System architect on small to medium sized projects.
- Analyze business and user needs to create new and modify existing applications to improve functionality and process flow.
- Responsible for the design, layout, coding, documenting, testing, and support of applications to meet the needs of users.
- Manage documentation related to software applications and encourage end-users to do the same.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements security measures to safeguard computer databases and applications.
- Attitude of service - Use superior technical abilities to ensure organizational success by helping others whenever possible. Strong communication skills across all departments and at all levels of usage. Continually looking for ways to help self and others be as efficient as possible. Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. A strong desire and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Professionalism - Passion for professional operation, process efficiency improvements and documentation. Keeping up with industry best practices and implementing them wherever possible. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations. Protects organization's value by keeping internal information confidential.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms to management, colleagues, and end users
- Analytical problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail
- Ability to record, verify, and report data with a very high degree of accuracy
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks without direct supervision
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar degree in an equivalent program of study combined with relevant work experience.
- Required: Experience with one or more common reporting tool(s) (Tableau, MS Power BI, MS SSRS, Cognos, Crystal Reports, etc.)
- Required: Relational database experience is required. Knowledge of MS SQL Server is preferred, but experience with other RDMS’s (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2, Informix, etc.) will also be considered.
- Preferred: A background in Information Systems, Programming, Database Administration, or Business Intelligence/Analytics
- Preferred: Experience writing and supporting complex SQL statements using multiple joins and adhering to business rules and requirements
- Preferred: higher education experience
Back to Job Postings