Enrollment Counselor for Diversity Recruitment
Send resume/CV, cover letter, and reference list to:
person Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
place Thomas More University, 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017
This position serves as a member of the Enrollment Team in the department of Undergraduate Admissions. This position is responsible for recruiting students to achieve enrollment goals and to collaborate with schools and agencies to help students and familied through the enrollment process. Manage specific recruitment territories, as well as plan and organize recruitment events and programs for diverse and underrepresented student populations.
Core Competency Skills Required
- Excellent written, oral and listening skills.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal skills.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Must show evidence of ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Demonstrates strong decision making skills and self-assurance.
- Focus recruitment efforts for underrepresented diverse populations and First-Generation Learners.
- Responsible for planning, promotion and execution of collaborative efforts that focus on increasing diversity at Thomas More University.
- Develop, with the direction of the Director of Admissions & the recruitment team, annual calendar of events that focus on diversity.
- Coordinate with faculty, staff and students
- Develop communication strategy and coordinate marketing for enrollment.
- Be an active member of Diversity initiatives on the Thomas More University Campus.
- Schedule collaborative efforts with outside agencies.
- Serves as a member of the Admissions Team managing a recruitment territory to assist in achieving enrollment goals for the University
- Implement recruitment strategies as outlined in the admissions plan in the assigned territory to include high school and/or community college visits, attends college fairs, area receptions, and events.
- Initiates, plans, and executes special projects in conjunction with the goals and objectives of the office.
- Works with students, parents and/or alumni organizations that assist with the recruitment of students.
- Provides admission presentations to visitors during campus daily tours and at on campus and off- campus events.
- Advises students and families of admission requirements, transfer guidelines, financial aid and scholarship information, and residence life, etc.
- Provides follow-up to students and parents via phone, letters, email, and scheduled appointments in specific recruitment territory.
- Reviews admission applications, evaluates credentials, and makes admission decisions.
- Serves as an admissions liaison, assigned to a specific high school’s and organizations.
- Completes routine reports related to recruitment, projections, personal schedule, travel, special programs, and professional development.
- Adhere to University policies and procedures regarding travel and procurement.
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree Required.
Experience in Recruitment, Marketing, experience working with Diverse Populations preferred.
Back to Job Postings