The Associate Director of Development for Athletics develops and implements strategies to ensure proper identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospects to support Thomas More Saints Athletics. These strategies will include establishing a booster club program, student athletes parents fundraising program, an athletics annual fund, securing major gifts for the enhancement of athletic facilities, equipment, and/or establishing endowed positions and scholarships.
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to prepare proposals, reports and correspondence
High degree of self-awareness, relational intuition and discernment
Ability to think creatively and develop thoughtful
Sensitivity to confidentiality, and appropriately handling personal and financial information
Strong organizational, supervisory, and interpersonal skills
Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
Ability to utilize various software and databases connected to university fundraising operations
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure proper identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects to support the fundraising priorities for Saints Athletics, including establishing a boosters program, student athletes parents fundraising program, an athletics annual fund, and securing major gifts for the enhancement of athletic facilities, equipment, and/or establishing endowed positions and scholarships in coordination with the Major Gifts team in Institutional Advancement
- Advise the Vice President for Institutional Advancement on a regular basis regarding strategies for enhancing the philanthropic goals of the University as related to intercollegiate athletics
- Manage the involvement of the President, Vice President for Institutional Advancement, Director of Athletics, trustees, and committee members in donor cultivation for Athletics
- Establish and oversee an athletics advisory board, made up of volunteers, community leaders, donors, and donor prospects for athletics
- Oversee the acknowledgment and recognition for gifts at various levels and implement programs to ensure fundraising goals are achieved at each giving level
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 50 major gift prospects and document contacts and solicitation plans in the University’s donor management program (Bloomerang).
- Average 15 face to face meetings per month with current donors, prospective new donors and community leaders
- Engage with the Director of Athletics and appropriate individuals to secure sponsors and implement strategies for securing paid advertisements within facilities, on programs, and on the Athletics website
- Work with the Institutional Advancement Staff to coordinate Saints Salute community leader recognition events in fall and spring terms
- Support the Events Manager for Institutional Advancement in coordinating donor cultivation events tied game day, including the President’s Tailgate Tent, Hall of Fame Room VIP invitations, and other ancillary programming tied to Athletics
- With the Director of Alumni & Parent Engagement, plan and implement a series of group cultivation activities aimed at engaging alumni with the potential to give major gifts
- Work with the Director of Annual Giving & Advancement Services to build a strategic prospect management system for engaging with prospects for Saints Athletics
- Meet regularly with the Director of Athletics and assistant AD(s) to discuss development strategies with key donor prospects
- Attend the weekly coaches’ meetings as needed and key competition events (home and away) to cultivate and engage major donor prospects
- Prepare written and oral presentations and proposals as needed
- Travel as necessary to cultivate and solicit major gifts for Saints Athletics
- Support the University’s development and athletic programs, including, but not limited to attendance at and help with fundraising, recognition, and alumni events
- Assist staff as needed with additional development initiatives and undertake special projects and assignments as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
A bachelor’s degree required
Minimum of three years demonstrated successful fundraising experience including personal gift solicitation is preferred. Transferable experience may be considered.
Experience participating in, coordinating, or coaching college athletics is strongly preferred for this position.