Graduate Assistant for Student Affairs
Send resume/CV, cover letter, and reference list to:
person Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
place Thomas More University, 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017
The purpose of this job is to assist the Department of Student Affairs in providing support to Student Engagement and Residence Life. Through work with student activities, campus events, student organizations, and residence life, this position will serve the TMU community by contributing to campus vibrancy, leadership development, marketing and communication, and the overall retention of students.
Principal Duties & Activities
Student Activities (50%)
- Serve, along with the Director of Student Engagement within Student Affairs office, as co-advisor to Student Activities Board. Assist with program planning, fiscal planning and leadership training and provide oversight for the SAB budget.
- Work on initiatives to grow the organization’s membership, visibility, and increase member accountability.
- Attend student meetings and activities as assigned, which may include evening and weekend hours.
- Coordinate activities that promote school spirit such as pep rallies, team send-offs and promotions at sporting events.
- Assist with large-campus events as needed, such as Orientation, Welcome Week, Homecoming, Habitat for Humanity, Saints Bash, the annual Pig Roast, and Commencement.
- Assist with event programming related to diversity and inclusion, particularly the new Diversity, Equity, and Inclusive Excellence Learning Series hosted by Student Affairs and campus partners.
- Assist with leadership programs and Thomas More University.
- Perform other related duties that assist in advancing the mission, vision, values, and goals of the office and the Department of Student Affairs.
- Coordinate social media and flyers for events within the position’s purview.
Residence Life (50%)
- Attend both the Fall and Spring RA Trainings and weekly RA meetings.
- Attend some evening RA programs to support the RA programs as assigned.
- Meet regularly with the Assistant Dean of Students.
- Serve as the evening contact person, in conjunction with the Residence Life Graduate assistant for Residence Life.
- Serve as the advisor for the newly forming Weekend Committee.
- Participate in the duty rotation during holiday breaks, as needed.
- Assist the Covid Response Team as needed with support, logistical assistance, and other issues as they arise.
- Ability to work with a diverse population of students/coworkers
- Able to manage multiple projects; Organized and detailed oriented
- Student centered with a desire to create a vibrant campus and residential experience
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
- Enrolled in Thomas More graduate program, required
- Preferred background in student leadership, campus activities, or residence life
Back to Job Postings