Send resume/CV, cover letter, and reference list to:
person Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
place Thomas More University, 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017
Professional Academic Tutor/Coach
The Institute for Learning Differences, ILD, is seeking professional tutors/academic coaches. The ILD is a comprehensive support program designed for college students with documented learning disabilities. Working with ILD students the tutor/coach will implement student-centric methods focusing on learning strategies and content knowledge while applying best practices for students with learning differences.
The part-time professional tutor/coach is responsible for assisting the ILD director with all student tutoring activities for students enrolled in the institute. The duties include:
- Providing tutoring in specific content areas and other areas of expertise according to a posted schedule;
- Assisting students in becoming successful independent learners;
- Striving to inspire, motivate, and encourage ILD students;
- Supporting student use of assistive technology as needed;
- Design course success plans with consideration to executive function limitation and content knowledge
- Implementing within tutoring services the current knowledge of learning styles, disability related supports, study skills, and critical thinking;
- Collaborating with the ILD director and/or instructors to determine the learning needs of students and the tutoring approach preferred by those instructors;
- Maintaining materials needed by students;
- Maintaining the appropriate ILD paperwork;
- Working in partnership with the center coordinator to creatively plan and implement academic services within area of expertise;
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in your content area or field related to learning differences required. Master’s degree and/or teacher certification preferred. Excellent English communication skills required. Must possess the ability to interact with a diverse student population. Needs for Art, English, Reading, and History.
Back to Job Postings