Major Gifts Officer
Send resume/CV, cover letter, and reference list to:
person Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
place Thomas More University, 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017
The Major Gifts Officer develops and implements strategies to ensure proper identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift prospects. Reports directly to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to prepare proposals, reports and correspondence.
Strong organizational, supervisory, and interpersonal skills.
Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
Ability to utilize various software and databases connected to university fundraising operations.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure proper identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift prospects capable of making gifts greater than $10,000.
- Advise the Vice President for Institutional Advancement on a regular basis regarding Major Gift program activities, effectiveness and results.
- Manage the involvement of the President, Vice President for Institutional Advancement, trustees, and committee members in donor cultivation.
- Oversee the acknowledgment and recognition for gifts at various levels and implement programs to ensure fundraising goals are achieved at each giving level.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 50 major gift prospects and document contacts and solicitation plans.
- Average 15 face to face meetings per month with current donors, potential new donors and community leaders.
- With the Director of Alumni & Parent Engagement, plan and implement a series of group cultivation activities aimed at engaging alumni with the potential to give major gifts.
- Work with the Director of Annual Giving & Advancement Services to build a strategic prospect management system.
- Prepare written and oral presentations and proposals as needed.
- Travel as necessary to cultivate and solicit major gifts.
- Generally support the University’s development program, including, but not limited to attendance at and help with fundraising, recognition, and alumni events.
- Assist staff as needed with additional development initiatives and undertake special projects and assignments as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
A bachelor’s degree required
Minimum of five years demonstrated successful fundraising experience including personal gift solicitation is required. Transferable experience may be considered.
Experience with committee and volunteer management as well as prospect research is required.
Back to Job Postings