The Campus Safety Officer is responsible for the safety and security of students, visitors, and employees as well as the safety and security of the campus facilities.
Principal Duties & Activities
*Campus Safety provides coverage on Campus 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
Education: A High School diploma or GED.
Experience: Prefer 12 months experience in security or a related field.
Physical Job Requirements
Tools and Equipment Used
· Personal computer, copier, fax/scanner, phone, radio and other typical office equipment
· Minimal – less than 5% of the time
Physical & Mental Demands
· Frequently required to sit at/in a vehicle/desk for a long period of time
· Ability to work at a computer terminal
· Ability to stand for long periods of time/direct traffic
· Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination with assigned equipment
· Lifting and carrying, ability up to 30 lbs
· Ability to communicate and hear employees/clients via phone or in person
· Body motor skills sufficient to enable Officer to move around all areas of the campus