Basic Purpose: Full-time position that provides front line Bursar services to the university community and accounting support for the Bursar’s office. Work hours are M-F 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Core Competency Skills Required: Accounting and/or Higher Education experience, cashiering experience, customer service experience (in-person, phone, e-mail), and proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements: Associate’s degree in Accounting preferred + four years of accounting experience.
Accounting – 30%
· Manage (post & reconcile) online student tuition payments process daily
· Process transactions for business partners (Bookstore, Security, Athletics, Ministry, etc.)
· Manage (post & reconcile) online payment process for events, seminars, fundraising, athletics
· Process property lease payments monthly
· Manage Business Services Report monthly
· Manage (post & reconcile) outside scholarships
· Manage (post & reconcile) commuter meal plans
· Process various journal entries
Customer Service - 30%
· Respond to front desk requests
· Answer incoming Bursar office phone calls
· Respond to Bursar office voicemails and e-mails
· Process, review, and mail weekly registration bills
· Process, review, and mail monthly student statements
· Print student statements for new student orientation sessions
Cashiering – 30%
· Perform all cashier functions, make daily cash deposits, reconcile cash drawer
· Maintain petty cash logs, request petty cash checks, and ensure sufficient funds are on hand for daily cash operations
· Scan checks to bank on a daily basis
Miscellaneous – 10%
· Be willing to participate as needed at special events throughout the year – new student orientation, graduation, move-in days, etc.
· Order office supplies
· Perform other duties as assigned