Assistant Vice President for Marketing & Communications
Send resume/CV, cover letter, and reference list to:
person Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
place Thomas More University, 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017
Title: Assistant Vice President for Marketing & Communications
Report to: President
Date: May 2020
Primary Responsibility: The AVP will lead and manage the University’s marketing and branding strategies to support undergraduate and graduate enrollment goals and to generate awareness of the University. Partnering closely with the Vice Presidents, this individual will develop and execute a comprehensive and multifaceted marketing plans aimed at generating qualified inquiries and to drive application conversion. Plan will include efforts such as digital marketing, paid search, social media, email, and customer relationship management system (CRM) strategy. A significant portion of this position will be dedicated to digital marketing efforts to support online, graduate and professional programs. In addition, this individual will lead a marketing strategy to highlight the University’s upcoming centennial celebration and capital campaign.
- Research, plan and lead execute inquiry generating digital marketing solutions for online, undergraduate, graduate and professional programs.
- Collaborate with academic leadership and department chairs to develop marketing content to highlight academic programs, faculty and the University’s brand as a Catholic, Liberal Arts institution.
- Supervise and lead the University’s communication and web strategies.
- Lead efforts to curate content plans for digital ads, landing pages, and emails in close collaboration with the undergraduate, graduate and professional programs.
- Lead the customer relationship management (CRM) strategy to move inquiries through rich and diverse content plans and engagement activities (scoring, email, A/B testing, landing pages, new features).
- Plan, allocate and track annual digital marketing budgets, recommending shifts and new approaches to maximize ROI.
- Evaluate the digital journey from inquiry to conversion to optimize the student-user experience and to support and enhance brand awareness.
- Establish clear and measurable benchmarks and KPIs as well as regular data reporting for Cabinet.
- Collaborate with the Vice Presidents, external vendors and agencies to support marketing and recruitment efforts.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and provide thoughtful leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Lead a comprehensive redesign of the University’s website and collateral materials for recruitment, fundraising and overall brand.
- Work closely with the Vice President for Institutional Advancement on alumni and donor publications, including the annual President’s report.
- Oversee the University’s marketing budget.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- Excellent data analytical skills
- High-level knowledge of paid search strategies
- Creative, innovative and experienced in generating growth opportunities
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to thrive and excel in working in a cross-functional team environment and structure.
- Minimum of five years working experience in digital marketing, agency experience and/or higher education
- Technical experience in using CRM (preference for SLATE) and CMS
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and Adobe Creative Suite
- Cover letter and resume
- Names and contact information for three professional references
Back to Job Postings