Study Table Coordinator
Institute for Academic Excellence
Send resume/CV, cover letter, and reference list to:
person Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
place Thomas More University, 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017
The mission of the Dr. Anthony R. and Geraldine Zembrodt Institute for Academic Excellence (IAE) is to promote academic success, personal character, community belonging, and a passionate outlook through programs and academic societies that lead to independent and engaged learning for students.
This position reports to the Assistant Director of the Institute for Academic Excellence (IAE). The Study Table Coordinator’s main responsibility is to work directly with TMU students during evening Study Table periods to assist them with writing assignments, tutoring requests and scheduling, as well as provide students with enhanced skills in the areas of studying, testing, time management, organization, and other areas of academic success and everyday life.
- Ability to interact with diverse student body
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong time management and multi- tasking skills
- Takes initiative and is a self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Can work independently
Principal Duties & Activities
- Assist students in maintaining focus on academics during study table sessions including pairing students for group study and/or peer tutoring
- Maintain evening study table attendance records by ensuring that students are signing in and out
- Assist students with writing assignments, academic resources, campus resources, and tutoring requests/scheduling.
- Assist with scheduling with Academic Coaches.
- Document work with students, including assessment and data collection.
- Maintain regular evening IAE office hours in order to direct and assist students with tutoring requests and offering assistance to drop-in students.
- Interact with drop-in faculty.
- Communicate concerns related to students and/or faculty to the supervisor.
- As needed, assist with exam proctoring in Testing Center to ensure academic integrity.
- Develop and deliver academic success workshops
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
Bachelor degree in education or related field.
Knowledge of computerized information systems.
Familiarity with advising processes and campus resources.
Back to Job Postings