TAP Academic Advisor
Send resume/CV, cover letter, and reference list to:
person Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
place Thomas More University, 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017
Strong communication skills are required with the ability to listen and remain neutral when dealing with student issues is necessary. Advisor must be committed to customer service excellence. Computer skills are required. Position requires strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task. Candidate must be an advocate for education and Thomas More’s mission.
- Advise TAP students. Advise students throughout their program to ensure continuous enrollment and maintain advising records; this includes drafting degree plans for students and holding both in-person and phone advising appointments.
- Host TAP program orientations. Host thorough and understandable orientations, both in-person and online; this includes sending all materials and ensuring students are ready for their first course.
- Partner with the Success Coach. Recognize at-risk students and connect them with the Success Coach; this includes working with the Success Coach to identify areas of student need and retain students.
- Evaluate files for admittance. Receive and review files for admissions materials and ensure files are complete; send files to appropriate committees if they do not meet minimum admissions criteria. Make admissions recommendations to the Director of TAP.
- Enter student information. Complete accurate data entry into the student information system and clean student data entry error reports on a regular basis to ensure data is correct.
- Review transcripts. Review transcripts for transfer work or pre-requisite work for graduate programs.
- Act as a liaison. Act as a liaison between students, faculty, and administration.
- Other duties as needed and/or assigned by TAP Assistant Director or TAP Director.
Education and Experience
Bachelor Degree required
Back to Job Postings