Head Men's Volleyball Coach
Send resume/CV, cover letter, and reference list to:
person Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
place Crestview Hills, KY
The Head Coach for the Men’s Volleyball Program is responsible for management of all facets of the men’s volleyball program including, but not limited to: coaching/teaching, recruiting, budget management, administration, scheduling of competitions, team travel, weekly practice sessions, hiring and supervision of assistant coaches/interns, community service, student development, and compliance with NAIA and University rules and regulations.
Core Competency Skills Required
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills to work with various University constituencies.
- The ability to work a flexible and irregular schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Works well as a team member or independently.
- Excels in prioritizing multiple tasks with attention to detail, problem solving and follow-through to consistently meet expectations and deadlines.
- Strong management skills and mentoring ability for interns and assistants.
- Develop a program of athlete recruitment commensurate with the aims and goals of Thomas More University and appropriate for a member of the NAIA.
- Plan and coordinate practice and game plans for intercollegiate competition.
- Determine policies and procedures for team selection and athlete participation.
- Make recommendations about game schedules and budget for the team.
- Follow the approved budget for team.
- Track the academic progress of the volleyball team student-athletes and provide appropriate advice and assistance to help insure the successful completion of each players stated program of study.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising program to raise funds necessary to offset expenses associated for non-budgeted expenses and spring training trips.
- Organize community service projects for the volleyball team players to complete per the mission of the NAIA and the Thomas More University Athletic Department.
- Evaluate game officials as required.
- Adhere to a thorough understanding of the rules and regulations governing volleyball competition at the collegiate level and adhere to the rules and standards established by Thomas More University and NAIA.
- Participate in Athletic Department staff meetings, functions and other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s preferred
· Experience in coaching intercollegiate volleyball desired
· Computer literacy require
Back to Job Postings